Monday, February 7, 2011

Chad Rogers House Tour : Pet Friendly

From Apartment Therapy website at:
Chad Rogers House Tour : Apartment Therapy


020411ChadRogersHouseTour_MainImage.jpg

  





  



Name: Chad Rogers and Starla the Chihuahua

Location: Beverly Hills, California

Size: 1,694 square feet — 2 Beds 2 Baths

Years lived in: 1


Who watched Bravo's "Million Dollar Listing?" I watch the show religiously and couldn't wait to see what property Chad Rogers listed next. Now that Chad has sold millions of luxury real estate and has seen some of the best designs, he wants to share his own perspective on design and what makes a home. Sharing a home with another person is never easy, but in Chad's case he had to make certain accommodations for his tiny little dog, Starla.

020411ChadRogersHouseTour_Thumbnail.jpg




020411ChadRogersHouseTour_Image2.jpg

When I first started browsing through the photos of Chad's new condo and comparing it to his resource list, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that many of the furniture pieces and accessories were acquired through rather affordable furniture stores (compared to the furniture featured in his listed properties) and eBay. He got creative looking for unique finds and even shopped at As Seen On TV for pet furniture. He may be my new favorite "Million Dollar Listing" realtor. I am really going to miss seeing him on the show this season!

020411ChadRogersHouseTour_Image3.jpg

Apartment Therapy Survey:

My Style: Post Modern

Inspiration: I have always been a fan of modern furnishings and design, but sometimes that style can translate into a very cold office-like feel. It was important for me to give my place warmth. I have always felt that one’s home should be an extension of their personality. My home is 150% Chad Rogers.

Favorite Element: My favorite design element that I was able to create was warmth and personality through different fabrics and textures. My place also has a lot of vintage art from different genres, which really makes it unique to me. I am also now collecting pottery to enhance my home design.

Proudest DIY: My favorite DIY was choosing and hanging the wallpaper in my powder room. The powder room is one bathroom that you can always have a great time being really creative with. The wallpaper I selected is not only fun but also chic and sophisticated. The wallpaper I went with gave my powder room the perfect edge I was looking for. The wallpaper can be found at designyourwall.com.

Biggest Indulgence: The biggest indulgence in my home is my led-lighted faucets. These faucets light the water blue when it’s on cold and red when it’s on hot. It’s a great conversation piece. I love the design because it is very sleek.

Best advice: The best advice I was given was to do a lot of research online. It’s important to hear what people have to say about their experiences with certain furniture, faucets, toilets and other misc items. I went onto Apartment Therapy daily.

Dream source: I hired Jensen Dagget as my interior designer. She is such an amazing source of information when it comes to home design.

020411ChadRogersHouseTour_Image4.jpg

020411ChadRogersHouseTour_Image5.jpg
Thanks Chad!

Images: Jeffrey Ong, David Franco

Resources of Note:
APPLIANCES

BATHROOM FIXTURES

HARDWARE

FURNITURE

ACCESSORIES

RUGS & CARPETS

TILES & STONE

LIGHTING

BED

BEDDING

ARTWORK

PET FURNITURE



Copied from original article at: Chad Rogers House Tour : Chad Rogers House Tour : Apartment Therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...